My Photo
Name:
Location: BKK, Thailand

Have an interest in anything but work (>.<=) Please... Don't tell my boss.

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Loy Kratong Festival

The most beautiful Kratong I've ever floated.


Cute fancy Kratongs.

Too bad that my camera does not work well in the dark.

In November, my Japanese friends came here to join "Loy Kratong Festival" in Sukhothai Province and I had a chance to accompany them. The event was held in Sukhothai Historical Park. There were a light and sound show, floating the Kratong and paper lanterns called "Khom Loy". I was very excited because it was my first time to float the paper lanterns. It was beautiful when the line of lanterns fly up to the dark sky. It was a very good experience indeed. We went with a Japanese Tour company, Shindai which provided us an excellent service. Only one Farang and myself were not Japanese. As I used only Japanese during these 2 days, the local tour guides didn't reallize that I'm Thai until I told them before getting on the plane. I had to prove my Thai nationality with the ID card because they did not believe me.
"Khom Loy", the paper lanterns.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger V-YenYen said...

I do love your blog Khun Kun and will show it to Khun Po ;-)
Do U have another blog: "When I was at Home"? :-) C U very soon. Kisses V.P.

29/12/06 15:48  
Blogger Aom said...

อยากลอยโคมไฟมั่ง ไม่เคยอ่ะ อยากพาคริสไปเที่ยวสุโขทัย กับทางเหนือเหมือนกัน คริสยังไม่เคยไปแถบนั้นเลย แต่ยังไม่รู้เมื่อไหร่จะได้กลับบ้านเลย แง้ เศร้าๆ

คิดถึงนะ

29/12/06 22:47  
Blogger Kun-li-ko said...

V-YENYEN, I don't have a blog "When I was at home" coz I do nothing but only sleep at home ;-)

3/1/07 19:18  
Blogger Kun-li-ko said...

Aom,ไปสิ ไปสิ คริสกับอ้อมน่าจะชอบนะ โบราณสถานที่สุโขทัยก็สวย และสมบูรณ์มากด้วย ถ้ามีโอกาสอยากให้ไปดู

3/1/07 19:19  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

พี่กุล..เปิ้ลช้อบชอบลอยโคมล่ะ เคยไปลอยที่หาดบางแสนตอนลอยกระทงครั้งกระนู้นนน สวยมากเลย เมื่อปีใหม่ก็เกือบได้ไปลอยที่กาญฯ เสี้ยดายย เปื่อยซะก่อน เลยอดไปค่ะ
เปิ้ลเอง

4/1/07 10:46  
Blogger Kun-li-ko said...

น่าเสียดายจัง หายเร็วๆนะ
มิน่า ไม่ได้ยินเสียงเลย

4/1/07 10:48  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home